Lrn2RO
Please register or Login to see the entire forum.
Lrn2RO
Please register or Login to see the entire forum.
Lrn2RO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We don't put up with whiners, we tell them to Lrn2RO

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Milk
Game Master
Game Master
Milk

A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) Empty
PostSubject: A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)   A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Firstly, I'm going to say this right off the bat: This is my philosophy - NOT EVERYONE CAN PLAY AS WELL AS OTHERS! Do not harass people because they suck, try to make them better if you think you can!

With that said, I believe I shall do my best in order to inform those that would like to know how I feel a ninja should be played to the best of its abilities!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Understand that people play differently and are capable of different things. These are based off of my two years of playing ninja and why I think it's the best class in the game, so either read it and enjoy it or go away. Insightful and enlightening replies are very welcomed. The rest of you can suck my brain so you might become smarter/less judgmental, and should probably just stick to your own class.

Also note, most "typos" are for lols. I have thoroughly gone through the whole thing and left alone what I felt might make it more memorable.
========================================================
Cookie-Cutter Ninpou(or ninpou-throw hybrid) (aka "that noob unpowerful magic ninja lols") :

--Stats--
STR: 25+6
INT: 96+24
VIT: 67+3
DEX: 64+6
AGI: 1+8
LUK: 1+4

--Skills--
Ninpou level 10
Lightning Spear of Ice (LSoI) level 5
Water Escape Technique (WET) level 6
Crimson Fire Blossom (CFB) level 5
Crimson Fire Formation (CFF) level 7
Dragon Fire Formation (DFF) level 5
Soul level 5 (Extra STR/INT helps)
(These next skills are up to you to decide upon)
Throwing Master level 5
Throw Shuriken level 5
Throw Kunai level 5
OR
CFF level 10 (or 8)
LSoI level 10 (or 8)
WET levlel 10
Falling Ice Pillar level 3 (or 5 if either LSoI or CFF was sacrificed)

--Gears--
Weapon: Bazerald (Built using Bazerald but Ashura works too, also a Spirit of Kamaitachi will make cast interruptible.)
Armor: Goibne's Armor/Flower Wings
Shield: Cranial Improved Arm Guard (The mdef is needed)
Garment: Morpheus's Shawl/Ragamuffin Manteau/Immune Muffler
Shoes: Goibne's Greaves/Crystal Pumps
Upper Headgear:  Morpheus's Hood
Middle Headgear*: Dark Blinder
Lower Headgear*: Gangster Mask
Accessory1: Morpheus's Ring (Or Smokie Clip)
Accessory2: Morpheus's Bracelet (Or Heal Clip)

Also, Earth Wings. Enough said. (*Thought of Ra' trying to pwn an HP with Earth Spike lvl 3.* >_>)

--Leveling Spots--
(Novice)1-15 -> Training Grounds, poking things.
(Novice)15-20 -> Spores/Popos in Payon Forest 1, poking things still.
(Ninja)20-40 -> Wolves/Mukas, raising INT only, Ice Spear level 1.
(Ninja)40-60 -> Moscovia Dungeon 1(Les/Wood Goblins using CFB lvl 5 or mobbing them with LSoI lvl 1 into a CFF or mobbing them and casting DFF in the mob)
(Ninja)60-90 -> I enjoyed leveling off of High Orcs with LSoI and Anubis with DFF. If you're willing to put forth a little effort to do a quest or two, get into Rachel Sanctuary and you can make huge mobs there, or you can be a Banshee killer/waterball freak in Nameless/Thor parties.
(Ninja)90-99 -> Keep at the aforementioned spot or try to solo one of the latter areas [Nameless/Thors]. Very possible with good timing, a good internet connection, practice and skill.

--A Little Side Note--
Okay so, as you may have figured out, this was Human's original build. :/ I got him to highend 80s on heRO, but quit after I found out how much it would be to reset to melee. Otherwise, I've used this build on ninjas on different servers (where resets wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg [even though I like the challenge here now. <_< ]) and have maxed out a few for lols.

Now, beings as you understand that this is mainly a magic ninja (Unless you can fit the stats together well to work out), you'll have to reset at least once out of Novice Grounds in order to go pure INT in the beginning. It doesn't hurt. It's difficult to level in the beginning, easy in the middle, and difficult again at the end, as per usual.

--PVP--
You've worked long and hard, probably going through a lot of troubles to get to level 99, but it's rewarding in the end, isn't it? No, not really, because people will still make fun of you and call you a "magic noob" because you can't trans and rely on fast casting DPS magic like JT Noobzards, but you'll show them, won't ya? /gg

There are multiple ways to tackle people in PVP, versing different classes and different people with different playing styles, builds, etc. There is a way to beat them all. NEVER SAY NEVER!
     Three basic things to follow in PVP (The fourth one is wrong for the most part):
1.) Don't pick on novices. It's not cool unless you're buds.
2.) Don't pick fights at random; you will probably get ganked. <3 @ (n_n) for being so accepting of those who gank him. >_>
3.) Try not to cast AoEs into mobs of people. They don't like that. They will get mad. They will scream "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" (and quite literally will in most Prof's cases).
4.) Not all people share the same mind. Fight with an unbiased attitude and try to learn from each individual. Learn what to improve.

k so. A few things you should understand, being a magic ninja. You don't have quite as much magic attack as most other magic classes (449~765matk with Bazerald and full Morph set). You have 8k HP, so try to conserve it. You can be ganked by multiple people, and no matter how good you are, you cannot take on 5 Snipers and 4 Paladins at once. I have tried a number of times to take on small armies over the years and have died, only surviving once because of very careful Shadow Jump placement and leading which made Snipers FA the Paladins (it was funny as hell!) and Paladins Sacri each other.

Each individual class requires specific attention.

Priest/High Priest:
-Keep at a distance. Don't try to attack head-on, because silence still affects you. If you're getting lexed and bolted or HL'd, just try to run for cover, or carry green pots with you until silence runs out. Heal clip comes in handy at these moments, because you can Shadow Jump away to a place they might not be able to get to so quickly and you can heal yourself slowly. Otherwise, it takes patience, a lot of running and jumping, and carefully timed attacks (It IS possible to out-damage them. I've done it a few time myself, at level 80 or so with maxed INT and the rest into DEX). If it's an HP you're fighting, it will take about 3x longer, so conserve your SP to the best of your abilities and try not to run out of Burning Stones. (If Blessed, a magic ninja with this build can hit up to 1.2k using level 10 LSoI or level 5 DFF on a High Priest/ess that has 40 armor mdef and 111 int, assumptio'd and wearing cranial. :3 Understand that they heal for a lot and chances are you might not kill one that easily, but don't give up!)

Knight/Lord Knight:
-In my opinion, the easiest class to kill with magic ninjas. Ciceda, DFF, get BB'd, Ciceda, DFF, shadow jump, rinse and repeat. Zerk isn't ever an issue, the only thing that might catch you off-guard is if they happen to Spear Boom before a BB and hit you again right after if you happen to have a Phen or Spirit of Kamaitachi on and didn't cast right after your last Ciceda/Shadow Jump out of the way.

Blacksmith/Whitesmith:
-Blacksmith is easy. Treat them like an even easier Knight and just magic spam their faces off. Whitesmith is a lot more difficult, imo. Cart Termination kicks your ass straight through Ciceda, but it is avoidable. Cast a WET infront of them after they cast Cart Boost and spam DFF/level 1 LSoI as much as possible. Stand in the puddle if possible so they can't use CT; they'll be forced to knock you away and get out of the puddle to use Boost again, and just repeat this process until they die.

Hunter/Sniper:
-lols@Hunters. They have traps and Blitz Beat, both of which can be mildly painful if they can even get them off on you in the first place. Put some neutral reducs on and have at them with DFF and level 1 LSoI. The more annoying guys trap out around as they shoot you so you run out of areas to jump to and can Blitz and Detect you out of hiding to do so -- if they're good enough. Snipers are generally meanie-heads once they realize they can't shoot through Ciceda so they will spam you with Falcon Assault until you die. All you have to do is make sure you have Ciceda on, Tatami and time 3 seconds between each use so you can react on the 3rd second and cast LSoI. It might take awhile, but generally Hunters and Snipers have pretty fail hp and mdef, so it shouldn't take more than a few hits.

Crusader/Paladin:
-Generally, a Crusader or Paladin will have high defense in general, including mdef. If they Pressure, hide until it's over and Shadow Jump away. If timed carefully, Shadow Jump into them and cast a CFF while they're casting Pressure so they can't move and you can simply spam them with DFF/LSoI 1/Falling Ice Pillar until they get out of it or CFF wears off. Rinse and repeat.

Bard/Dancer&Clown/Gypsy:
-They spam Frost Joker to try to freeze you and will generally either play it save and hit you 3 times before using Arrow Vulcan, or will play the stupid card and simply try to AV you to death. If they resort to Tarot, hope to SOMETHING that you won't get hit with The Fool, The Magician, The High Priest, The Hanged Man, Death, The Devil or The Sun. >_> All of them suck. If they have high mdef, just keep at them with LSoI and DFF.

Monk/Champ:
-Pure lols. The worst they can do is catch you off-guard and Holy Light you while you're AFK or Ruwach you out of hiding. Otherwise, it's ninja pinball and you just need to hit them with some magic. End of story.

Alchemist/Creator:
-Also pretty much lols. The special thing about heRO that almost makes them unfair are the elemental wings. Alongside a highend Vani or Lif, magic type Alches/Creators can be a force to be reckoned with. Just try to hide from the player's bolts, and run from Lif or hide from Vani while wearing mdef gears. With Emergency Avoid and Mental Change, a Lif can catch up to a ninja pretty damn fast, and without proper reducs, can kill them in 2-3 hits. Try to kill off the Lif's with DFF if you can. Avoid Vani's entirely. Focus on killing the player to get rid of the homun. Also, AD. It's painful. You might switch out some vit for more dex or agi for flee, etc. Also, again, neutral and demi-human reducs are helpful. /no1

(ALMOSTFORGOTLOLSORRY)Sage/Prof:
-They are painful. Honestly, fighting a sage is about 10x easier than a prof. Sages just cast and walk. Given they generally have a slow cast with anything besides cold bolt (unless they're lucky with imps) try to get some ice wings and you can tank them out. If they use LP, throw some kunais at them until they die. Profs, on the other hand, have LP, Wall of Fog and tons of other anti-magic skills that render a ninja just about as useless as they would a Wizard/HW. Good luck trying to out-damage a double-casting prof. Hide it out, throw some kunais (which apparently don't go through Wall of Fog) and hope they don't land a Soul Burn on you, or sap your SP with Soul Change, etc. ._.

Gunslingers:
-These guys are generally pure lolsy fun. Great to pick on until they try to spam Desperado on you, they only skill they have that can penetrate Ciceda is Bull's Eye. Try to hide from it or something and just cast on them when you get a chance away from the bullets; treat them like Hunters.

Other Ninjas:
-Sometimes fun, sometimes sad, when ninjas fight between each other, generally wars are started with parties and crap. Any way you look at it, unless the other ninja doesn't have Ciceda or mdef gears, they are toast. Throwing/Melee/FS builds can't hit through Ciceda, besides Throw Zeny. Reducs kick off some damage from that skill though, just like other throwing skills. End of story.

Throwing/FS/Melee Hybrid (aka "wtf kind of ninja doesn't use magic?" or "why do you like to poke things?" or "<_< lols you just wasted all your HP in one skill.")

http://calcx.wushuang.ws/?caSbLbibCacbAa2abagabaaabaanananaDiPaa4aaaaaakVaakxaaewldaaluaalDaafEaafEaaaaaaacafaaabaaacuaaaaHaaaa

^ That is the stat/gear build.

--Skills--

Throwing Mastery Level 7
Throw Shuriken Level 5
Throw Kunai Level  5
Reverse Tatami Level 1
Mist Slash Level 5
Shadow Jump Level 5
Shadow Slash Level 5
Cast-off Ciceda Shell Level 5
Illusionary Shadow Level 6
Ninpou Training Level 10
Soul Level 5
Final Strike Level 10

--Leveling Spots--
(Novice)1-15 -> Training Grounds, poking things.
(Novice)15-20 -> Spores/Popos, poking them with a sharp thing.
(Ninja)20-40 -> Wolves/Mukas. Throw Shuriken 5 is helpful until you get Throw Kunai for epic 1k damage at like level 30.
(Ninja)40-60 -> Les in Moscovia Dungeon. Max out STR first and get a Fuuma Blaze Shuriken +5~7 to kill them REALLY fast. Also try to get Ninpou to at least 5 to regen SP as you walk around.
(Ninja)60-90 -> High Orcs or Pasanas/Minos with ice kunai. Keep the Fuuma Blaze Shuriken equipped or use a triple bloody boned knife or something to that effect. Should have Final Strike 10 by now; pick off Anubises with kunai until they get to roughly 9-10k HP and you can finish them off.
(Ninja)90-99 -> Works well as a tank in parties, just lacks provoke. If mobs can be focused on a real tank, FS for fast leveling and carry fish around for hp. Can solo Ice Titans using Shadow Slash if you magically get an Ice Pick. Fun stuff.
--PVP--
It's all basically the same except for a few minor exceptions.
1: You probably won't have WET in this build; CT will damage you unless you get distance.
2: You have 10k HP instead of 8k. If you have Succubus carded ToH wings or Zodiacs, you'll be cookin' with 11k HP. Also, you need a pvp weapon this time. Doesn't have to be the recommended knife, but something close at least.
3: Priests/HP and Monks/Champs have Pneuma. Ranged attacks, including Shadow Slash and Final Strike, are blocked by it unless SS is used by a Rogue/Stalker, in which case has 0 range and is not blocked (thanks for the tip, Ra'.)
4: Some Crusaders and most Paladins will have Defender. Doesn't block the damage per say, just nerfs it to all hell so try to stay clear of them.
5: Where you lack in magical abilities you make up with in strength. Live long and kick ass.
6: Add some agi to the build to be a faster thrower/to be able to react faster.

Best Build in the Game Somewhat cool build...: Zeny Thrower. (No, I didn't do the rainbow wrong. You're obviously not awesome enough to understand my logical artistic genius.)

--Stats--
Any. Just need to survive. Probably high VIT and AGI and some INT ftw. You need 99 at least 100 str or int and a lot of dex, since you won't want to rely on this skill all the time.

--Gears--
Again, you need to focus on surviving. Get high HP gears and stuff.
And money. This build is meaningless without money.

--Skills--
Pretty much the same as the previous. Kick off the Illusionary Shadow and Final Strike, max Throwing Mastery and Fuuma throw and get Throw Zeny 10 by taking 2 away from Ninpou.

--Leveling Spots--
Any will do. Stick to the same as in the previous posts until you get Throw Zeny to 10, then you can go wherever the hell you want with your pockets fill of coins to throw at monsters.

--PVP--
This build is NOT insane. It hits up to 5k defense-ignoring damage at level 10, no matter what, unless Pneuma blocks it. It can be reduced from the hardcore 2.5-5k damage you put out to about a measly 1-2k if your opponent has basic reducs (raydric, thara guard and a beret). Shadow Slash your target a few times unless they're a Pala or HP and just finish them off with the hard-hitting 2.5-5k damage... probably soft-hitting 1-2k damage since most people have reducs here. Only drawback is the 5 second aftercast and the damage output if they have reducs @_@ GRR I HOPE IT ISN'T AFFECTED BY REDUCS HERE, so just kick back with Ciceda on until you can throw again, hide, ciceda, or do whatever you need to do to win.

Those are all the builds I wanna talk about right now. I'm getting tired/lazy and I want to actually be cool in how I give out these builds so people aren't stuck asking questions later.

Last edited by Cake on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Milk
Game Master
Game Master
Milk

A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)   A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Myoubi says (12:30 PM):
Ha. Wings are gay
Josh/Cake says (12:30 PM):
Very, but it was [a different server] and had to make due because I enjoyed the server.
Back to top Go down
takhara
Forum Whore
Forum Whore
takhara

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)   A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:04 am

I remember this guide. It helped me learn a couple things I didn't know and I ended up teaching a lot of ninja noobs lol. Nice guide man ^^d
Back to top Go down
Shikari
Post-It Note King
Post-It Note King
Shikari

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)   A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:11 am

TL;DR
Back to top Go down
Nemm
I'm Lrning
I'm Lrning
Nemm

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)   A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:46 am

omg awesome guide [im only saying that for post count] D:
Back to top Go down
Milk
Game Master
Game Master
Milk

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)   A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:25 am

Wow. Dick. Gtfo my guide and post helpful shit.
Back to top Go down
Tomeshi
Zombie Slave
Zombie Slave
Tomeshi

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)   A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:56 am

Pirate guide plz! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ivalician_Moogle_(3.5e_Race)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)   A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Ninjas~ (Made by myself on a different server. Some things, like wings, do not apply!)
Page 1 of 1