Lrn2RO
Please register or Login to see the entire forum.
Lrn2RO
Please register or Login to see the entire forum.
Lrn2RO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We don't put up with whiners, we tell them to Lrn2RO

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gooey
The Master
The Master

Server Rules Empty
PostSubject: Server Rules   Server Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:32 am

I am not the strictest server owner, and I want my players to enjoy themselves with more freedom then most servers. I treat all players with respect until proven otherwise, and I expect my server to be treated as such. I ask that you only follow these simple and few guidelines and rules.

Rules are subject to change based upon severity of the situation. Infraction of any rule will result in a punishment befitting the rules. This may include up to mute, jail, ban, or even IP ban if need be.

Any punishment may be taken up in the Appeals Department of Demonic Court category for an appeal. Please provide some form of substantial proof or evidence to support your claim. Failure to do so will only hinder your defense. Having multiple witness claims will help your defense slightly, however excessive claims may be frowned upon.

All appeals will be handled by myself as well as the consult of my GM staff. A final verdict will be posted on your appeal within one week or less along with the topic being closed and moved to Appeal Records. If you do not see your appeal in the Appeals Department, please check Appeal Records. Please do not try and re-appeal your punishment as it will result in a forum infraction. Please see forum rules regarding infractions.

• English
    To play this server everyone must understand and be able to write a comprehensible English. If a GM addresses you, you must be able to understand, answer and comply. Those who have problems with English should make efforts, but obviously we don't ask for perfection, simply a level high enough to allow communication. The GM Staff and I will try our best to communicate with you regardless of your level of English, we only ask that you please try your best so that we can better help you.

• Freedom of Speech
    I do not look down upon players insulting, slander, cursing, and the like. This is a free country, and a free server. I give players enough respect to control their tongues to some extent around my GM staff if they disapprove of the language. Regarding speech towards another player is up to you. Any offensive language, arguments, or slander is fair game. If you can't take the heat, get out of my inferno. However if the chat becomes excessive and heated, either the GM staff or myself will ask you to take it to private chat for the sake of not making our eyes bleed.

• Restriction in Naming Conventions
    Below is the list of letters/numbers/symbols allowed in creation of a character's name. Make sure to also choose a name that is appropriate (This means no racist names, anything else is fair game). Player names who do not respect this rule will be sent to jail until a new name is chosen, the character can also be deleted if the name is too offensive in terms of racism. If need be, contact me through PM on the forums with your offensive char name and I will change it for you, as well as either the GM staff or myself will release you from your jail sentence.

Allowed characters:
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890_-~^().:+=

You cannot make character whose name starts with "GM-", "GM", or "[GM]" (or the small caps of them). These are reserved for GM usages.

The "appropriate" rule also goes for anything else a player has to choose a name for shop name, chat room name, etc. NO RACISM IN VEND/CHAT, I do not tolerate racism in vend/chat, however anything else is fine. And please, no excessive racism in public chat.

• MvP Domination Rule
    All of the MVPs are free to be attacked by any player, included MVPs summoned by Quest. All MvPs are FREE FOR ALL (FFA). If you cannot control the MvP with your party members and/or have died, then clearly it was not meant to be for you to obtain that MvP. MvPs are bosses and were not meant to be solo'd. We ask that you do not report or complain about someone stealing an MvP. If you like, you can feel free to take it to the Rant & Rave section of the board.
    We do allow freedom of speech to some extent, if you wish to warn other players about someone or some guild mugging MvPs, feel free to do so as long as it remains inside the Rant & Rave section. Any post regarding MvPs outside of Rant & Rave section, and is not a legitimate question or bug report regarding them, will be deleted by myself or the forum staff immediately.

• Do Not Bot/Macro
    Botting will result in a permanent ban of all accounts and any type of macro will result in a permanent account ban, no exceptions. Failure to pass the botting and/or macro test from GMs, regardless of "actual reasons," will be treated as using bots or macro programs. I do not ask for much, however this is my golden rule. DO NOT BOT/MACRO!!

• Vending Shops and Chatrooms
    Do no set vending shops or chat within a 7x7 area (3 cell radius) of any NPC, including warps. Only one vender can occupy one cell. In Town, shops and chat boxes can only be set up on the side walks. Vending Shops can only be put up in a town (except for Niflheim) or maps without *any* monsters. Please, this is just common courtesy and respect.

• Do Not Cheat
    If you find a bug or abuse, report it immediately to the GM Team via PM on the forum. Failure to report a bug or abuse is considered a violation of this rule and the passives will be seriously punished. Punishment may include jail, ban, or even account deletion depending on the severity of the bug. I do not ask for much, however this is my second golden rule. DO NOT EXPLOIT OR ABUSE!!

• No advertising for any server/website/game
    Do not advertise any other server/website/game. Mentioning another server can be considered advertising. Mentioning official server names are allowed.

• Double-clienting is forbidden in Events
    Anyone caught double-clienting in events will be punished with Jail time immediately. Repeated offenders may result in ban.

• Regarding shared accounts
    Account sharing is not our responsibility and is not encouraged by the GM team. The GM team will not consider movement of items due to account sharing as an act of stealing. The selling/trading of an entire account counts as a form of sharing account. We are not to be held responsible for negligence of account privacy. We do not release information and we will never ask for accounts or passwords.

• Regarding stolen items not from a shared account
    If you have an unmodified screenshot of an item(s) being lended and yet failed to get the item back, this is considered stealing and items will be returned back to the owner, the report needs to be as clear as possible with a precise time frame. Item retrieval does NOT apply if the other person is banned - any items regardless of origin are always permanently locked with the banned account (unless the account is banned precisely because of stealing in the first place.)

• Do Not Tolerate/Assist in Rule-breaking Activities
    Failure to report a known abuser or player participating in a rule-breaking activity will be counted as assistance and may be punishable upon severity of abuse/rule infraction. Covering up for a player just because they are in your guild or friend is not tolerated. Do not let a bad player bring another good player down!

• Note for Banned Players
    Normally when a player is banned, they are allowed to state their appeal in the Demonic Court section of forums. However if the player has not been permanently banned, he or she may start fresh with a new account. Any recovery request from the old account is prohibited. Begging a member of my GM Staff to recover items from a banned account is punishable by mute and/or jail. Repeated offenders may be punishable by ban.

I do not ask of much and you will find I am a pretty laid back and tolerant Administrator and Owner. My GM Staff will and is also pretty tolerant themselves. However this does not prevent us from taking matters seriously when the time comes. Thank you and enjoy Lrn2RO.
Back to top Go down
http://lrn2ro.bestforum.us

Server Rules
Page 1 of 1