Lrn2RO
Please register or Login to see the entire forum.
Lrn2RO
Please register or Login to see the entire forum.
Lrn2RO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We don't put up with whiners, we tell them to Lrn2RO

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a few thoughts on how things are running now

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Milk
Game Master
Game Master
Milk

Just a few thoughts on how things are running now Empty
PostSubject: Just a few thoughts on how things are running now   Just a few thoughts on how things are running now I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:01 am

This newly updated server hasn't impressed anyone as far as I can see. Those who have tried it dislike the fact that levels are so high and things are unbalanced. Well, I'm only one person, and I have no access to the server files. You can't possibly expect me to do everything alone, right? So come on players, give me a hand for the sake of our server!

Now then -- From my own personal opinion, the Stat Points Merchant can be taken out entirely. It's doing more harm than good. Sure, leveling out all stats for all classes seems like it would balance everything, but all it really does is make it so statuses don't work (or will only work on those that don't grind out 500m to max out luk, int, vit, and agi) and so people don't need to change stat builds.. ever. It's less about builds and more about skill. To some that may seem better, but I don't see anyone liking it so far.

Most peoples' problems are coming from the imbalance though, and that is definitely going to be worked on soon. Being as this server is kind of modeled after another (can't remember what it's even called) and that server was successful, it still had a lot of balancing done and most everyone packed on MVP cards like they were going out of style. We don't have that luxury, let alone constantly being haunted by the massive amounts of damage 3rd classes can pull off looking like a spammed Champ's Asura.. only faster and deadlier.. *thinking back on his Mech's OP 31-35k Boost Knuckle spammed like a highrate pro Sniper's Double Strafe...*

Anyways. I'm up for some changes. Who can help me? I'm tired of being alone, really. Consider this a challenging new frontier to explore! (And I may reward testers depending on how well they can help~)

Thank you kindly,

GM Milk

PS: Back on the topic of the Stat Points Merchant - If it were to be taken out, it would make for much more diversified builds, much like on normal servers. You would be able to get 300 of one stat and 201 of another if you only concentrated on 2 stats. In my opinion, that is definitely a good thing. You can do a lot of damage as is with that amount of stat points. Being at level 255 helps a lot too. xP
Back to top Go down
Liquorette
I Lrnd My RO
I Lrnd My RO
Liquorette

PostSubject: Re: Just a few thoughts on how things are running now   Just a few thoughts on how things are running now I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:22 am

Stat merchant does seem a bit unnecessary. But if it was taking out, does it mean we'll have to undergo another wipe for anyone who have already used it?
Back to top Go down
Milk
Game Master
Game Master
Milk

PostSubject: Re: Just a few thoughts on how things are running now   Just a few thoughts on how things are running now I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:34 am

No, Jay would just have to reset stats and everything would be back to normal. And as is, not many have used it if anything considering only myself has used it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a few thoughts on how things are running now   Just a few thoughts on how things are running now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a few thoughts on how things are running now
Page 1 of 1